Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Response to Class Lecture- 9/11 Video
On the anniversary of the 9/11 attack, we watched a video about what happened that day and how important photojournalists were in recording the event. When we think of the 9/11 attack, we usually think in horror about how so many people were killed and that it was a terrorist attack. I was actually pretty surprised at how important photojournalists were to this event. The video talked about how essential photojournalists were: they recorded what happened, and their photos were proof that it was a terrorist attack. Before, I have always thought that photojournalism was not very important and that they mainly took pretty photos like the ones I see in National Geographic. Now, I know that photojournalism is important in playing a role in recording events, and that the photojournalists can also be incredibly brave as was shown in the video. The photojournalists would risk their own lives by running towards the towers and walking into the rubble to be able to record what has happened. After watching the video, I have a greater respect for photojournalists and the roles they play in journalism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment